When we are asked questions about the Life Force International product line, we are always happy to answer. Even with over 6,000 doctors, nurses, naturopaths, Ph.D.s, Nutritionists and other academically elite people endorsing the products and a 30+-year track record of success with the company’s products, there can be continuing questions about the science behind the ingredients.
We respect that. Over the years, we have found academic studies that back up the use of the ingredients in these products that we are happy to hand out to interested customers. Now we want to offer this library to you for your own study and enjoyment. PLEASE NOTE: These articles are for informational and educational purposes only and do not represent an endorsement of LiquidWholeFood.com or Life Force International or their products. Also, this list is not comprehensive! We just wanted to get you started on your own research…
Ingredients in Body Balance Liquid Whole Food
- The effect of Fucus vesiculosus, an edible brown seaweed, upon menstrual cycle length and hormonal status in three pre-menopausal women: a case report, BMC Complement Altern Med. 2004; 4: 10. Published online 2004 August 4. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-4-10
- Aloe vera: a systematic review of its clinical effectiveness. Vogler BK, Ernst E. Ai Zheng. 2009 Apr;28(4):356-60.
- Heparinoid-active sulphated polysaccharides from marine algae as potential blood anticoagulant agents, M. Shnmugam and K.H. Mody, Current Science, Vol. 79, No. 12, 25 December 2000.
- The Brown Algal Kelp Laminaria digitata Features Distinct Bromoperoxidase and Iodoperoxidase Activities, Carole Colin, Catherine Leblanc, Elsa Wagner, Ludovic Delage‡, Emmanuelle Leize-Wagner, Alain Van Dorsselaer, Bernard Kloareg, and Philippe Potin, Published, JBC Papers in Press, April 15, 2003, DOI 10.1074/jbc.M300247200
- Aloe Vera: A Short Review
- Seasonal Acclimatization of Antioxidants and Photosynthesis in Chondrus crispus and Mastocarpus stellatus, Two Co-Occurring Red Algae With Differing Stress Tolerances, Biol Bull. 2004 Dec;207(3):225-32.
- On Carrageen (Chondrus crispus). II1 On the Occurrence of Ethereal Sulphates in the Plant, Paul Haas, Biochem J. 1921; 15(4): 469–476
- Seaweed proteins: biochemical, nutritional aspects and potential uses, Joel Fleurence, Laboratoire QualiteÂ et Physico-chimie, BP 21105, IFREMER 44 311 Nantes, Cedex 03, France
Check in Your Library For:
- Identification of Five Phytosterols from Aloe Vera Gel as Anti-diabetic Compounds, Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2010 Nov 1;67(21):1804, 1806, 1808 passim. doi: 10.2146/ajhp100182. These findings suggest that Aloe vera gel and phytosterols derived from Aloe vera gel have a long-term blood glucose level control effect and would be useful for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Effect of aloe gel on doxorubicin-induced extravasation injusty in rats, J Med Food. 2004 Spring;7(1):61-6. A. vera extract maintain the glucose homeostasis by controlling the carbohydrate metabolizing enzymes.
- Beneficial effects of aloe vera leaf gel extract on lipid profile status in rats with streptozotocin diabetes. Rajasekaran S, Ravi K, Sivagnanam K, Subramanian S., Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2006 Mar;33(3):232-7. Thus, the results of the present study provide a scientific rationale for the use of Aloe vera as an antidiabetic agent.
- Effect of Aloe vera preparations on the human bioavailability of vitamins C and E, J.A. Vinson, H. Al Kharrat, L. Andreoli, Phytomedicine Volume 12, Issue 10 , Pages 760-765, 15 November 2005, The results indicate that the Aloes improve the absorption of both vitamins C and E. The absorption is slower and the vitamins last longer in the plasma with the Aloes. Aloe is the only known supplement to increase the absorption of both of these vitamins and should be considered as a complement to them.
- A randomized placebo-controlled crossover trial of aloe vera on bioavailability of vitamins C and B(12), blood glucose, and lipid profile in healthy human subjects. Yun JM, Singh S, Jialal R, Rockwood J, Jialal I, Devaraj S., J Diet Suppl. 2010 Jun;7(2):145-53. doi: 10.3109/19390211003781693. …both aloes significantly increased serum vitamin B(12) levels at 1 and 2 hours compared to baseline and placebo (p <.01). Thus, AG and AL preparations are safe, well tolerated, and enhance the bioavailability of vitamins C and B(12) and antioxidant potential.
- Nutritional value of proteins from edible seaweed Palmaria palmata (dulse), Anne-Valérie Galland-Irmouli, Joël Fleurence1, Radia Lamghari, Michel Luçon, Catherine Rouxel, Olivier Barbaroux, Jean-Pierre Bronowicki, Christian Villaume, Jean-Louis Guéant, The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, Volume 10, Issue 6, June 1999, Pages 353–359
Ingredients in TruBoost Honest Energy
- An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda, Narendra Singh, Mohit Bhalla, Prashanti de Jager, and Marilena Gilca, Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2011; 8(5 Suppl): 208–213.
- A Standardized Withania Somnifera Extract Significantly Reduces Stress Related Parameters in Chronically Stressed Humans: A Double Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study, Biswajit Auddy, PhD, Jayaram Hazra, PhD, Achintya Mitra, MD, Bruce Abedon, PhD, Shibnath Ghosal, Phd
- Indian Herbs and Herbal Drugs Used for the Treatment of Diabetes, Manisha Modak, Priyanjali Dixit, Jayant Londhe, Saroj Ghaskadbi, and Thomas Paul A. Devasagayam. J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2007 May; 40(3): 163–173.
- Tulsi and its properties in terms of healing tropical diseases caused by parasites, Akiko SUZUKI, Osamu S HIROTA, Kanami MORI, Setsuko SEKITA, Hiroyuki FUCHINO, Akihito TAKANO, and Masanori KUROYANAGI, Chem. Pharm. Bull. 57(3) 245—251 (2009)
Check in Your Library For:
- Naturopathic Care for Anxiety Using Ashwagandha As One of the Elements of Treatment, Cooley K, Szczurko O, Perri D, Mills EJ, Bernhardt B, Zhou Q, Seely D. PLoS One. 2009 Aug 31;4(8):e6628. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0006628. Significant improvements in secondary quality of life measures were also observed in the NC group as compared to PT. The whole system of naturopathic care for anxiety needs to be investigated further including a closer examination of the individual components within the context of their additive effect.
Ingredients in OsteoProCare Liquid Calcium and FlexeoPlus
- A Controlled Trial of the Effect of Calcium Supplementation on Bone Density in Postmenopausal Women, Bess Dawson-Hughes, M.D., Gerald E. Dallal, Ph.D., Elizabeth A. Krall, Ph.D., Laura Sadowski, Nadine Sahyoun, R.D., and Saul Tannenbaum, N Engl J Med 1990; 323:878-883
- Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate, and the Two in Combination for Painful Knee Osteoarthritis, Sawitzke AD, Shi H, Finco MF, Dunlop DD, Bingham CO 3rd, Harris CL, Singer NG, Bradley JD, Silver D, Jackson CG, Lane NE, Oddis CV, Wolfe F, Lisse J, Furst DE, Reda DJ, Moskowitz RW, Williams HJ, Clegg DO., Arthritis Rheum. 2008 Oct;58(10):3183-91. doi: 10.1002/art.23973.
Ingredients in Life Force International Colloidal Silver
- A Pharmacological and Toxicological Profile of Silver as an Antimicrobial Agent in Medical Devices, Alan B. G. Lansdown, Advances in Pharmacological Sciences Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 910686, 16 pages
- The increasing use of silver-based products as antimicrobial agents: a useful development or a cause for concern? Ian Chopra, Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (2007) 59, 587–590
- Mode of antiviral action of silver nanoparticles against HIV-1, Humberto H Lara, Nilda V Ayala-Nuñez, Liliana Ixtepan-Turrent, Cristina Rodriguez-Padilla, Journal of Nanobiotechnology 2010,8:1
Check in Your Library For:
- Negligible Particle-Specific Antibacterial Activity of Silver Nanoparticles, Zong-ming Xiu, Qing-bo Zhang, Hema L. Puppala, Vicki L. Colvin, and Pedro J. J. Alvarez, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Department of Chemistry, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005, United States, Nano Lett., 2012, 12 (8), pp 4271–4275