Body Balance Sticks: Organic Vitamin Packets for Water
- Over 120 nutrients!
- Gluten Free
- Celiac Safe
- Diabetic Friendly
- Liquid Body Balance? Click here
The Same Great Body Balance Now in the Easy, Portable Dried Form!
Each packet contains:
- A concentrated powder form of Body Balance equaling a 4 ounce/120 ml serving
- “Spray-dried” formulation does not compromise nutritional integrity
- Vitamins, Minerals, Amino Acids, Fatty Acids, DHA, EPA and other omega-3s
- Non-GMO certified
- Certified 100% organic aloe vera and nine types of sea vegetation
- Contains over 120 naturally occurring nutrients, including all 8 essential glyconutrients
- Great black currant flavor exclusive to powdered Body Balance due to addition of cassis berry!
For over 30 years, Life Force International has brought the vitamin seaweed supplement Body Balance to North America and Australasia in a tasty liquid formulation. Over 5 million bottles of Body Balance have been sold and over 6000 healthcare professionals have endorsed its use. And up until 2010, traveling with Body Balance was easily done with the convenient 4-ounce bottles.
As more people across the world use Body Balance and with travel requirements changing, Life Force became aware of a deeper need to have this outstanding organic nutritional available in a dried, portable form.
Enter Body Balance Singles to Go! These preservative-free, whole food multivitamin sticks allow anyone to take advantage of Body Balance on the go. Perhaps you would prefer a powder for your own water bottle take, or your kids would like an alternative to Pixi-Stix candy? Maybe you travel a lot and want to avoid the headaches of keeping the liquid bottles in your luggage? Or, sometimes you just need an emergency stash in your purse, briefcase, or backpack for when you’ve forgotten to take your Body Balance or you have an additional need for the natural, cellular energy Body Balance brings.
Why “How Many Nutrients Are in Body Balance?” Is the Wrong Question…
The thinking goes like this: I need certain nutrients, so I need to make sure that I take a supplement that has a certain percentage of those nutrients in it–then I will be covered. Unfortunately, that thinking has come about because of the boom of synthetic supplements and vitamins out there. The important variable that is missing in that statement is that your body is not machine like a car that needs oil–it is a complex system of living tissue that has different needs in every moment of the day. When you are using food for health, you cannot compare it to a synthetic supplement. In a synthetic supplement, the manufacturer puts together isolated nutrients with binders and fillers and lists those ingredients on the label. This does not mean your body will absorb these nutrients, it just means that much of that nutrient is contained in that pill or liquid. When you supplement with Body Balance liquid whole food, your body fully recognizes the nutrients and therefore those nutrients are needed in smaller amounts.
View the technical data sheet for Body Balance Powder, including medical references and ingredients
Honey blend (Honey powder, Maltodextrin), Natural Black Cherry flavor, Aloe Vera powder (inner leaf), Citric acid, SeaNine™ Sea Vegetable Blend (Fucus vesiculosus, Chondrus crispus, Ascophyllum nodosum, Laminaria digitata, Porphyra yezoensis, Palmaria palmate, Ulva lactuca, Alaria esculenta, Gigartina chamissoi), Sodium bicarbonate, and Purified Stevia Extract (leaf), Black Currant powder (Cassis)
- What does Body Balance taste like?
- It has a pleasant taste of black cherry and honey with a savory hint. If you put it in a dark colored juice, you’ll never know it’s there. Taste may vary slightly seasonally.
- Can I take Body Balance with medication(s)?
- FOr over 30 years, Life Force International has not received any reports of Body Balance interfering with other drugs. However, Life Force always recommends talking to your healthcare provider before trying any dietary supplement.
- Is there a certain time of day I should take Body Balance?
- Whatever works best for you. Some prefer to start their day with it at breakfast, others save it for their afternoon slump. You may find a different time altogether that fits your schedule.
- When does Body Balance expire?
- The dried “to go” packets have a shelf life of eighteen months.
- Why is sea vegetation so important?
- Sea vegetation has been eaten in Pacific cultures for centuries. There are cultures with a diet based on sea vegetation whose centenarians are still productive members of society. Check out this third party, non-commercial site for more information about sea vegetables: George Mateljan Foundation
- I am on medication for blood thinners. Can I take Body Balance even though it contains Vitamin K?
- The rule of thumb with Body Balance is that if you can eat vegetables, you can take this liquid. However, it is important that you discuss any dietary changes with your health provider to see if you have any reasons not to take this product.
- How is Body Balance made?
- Body Balance is a proprietary formula developed by Wayne Hillman in the early 1980s. He is truly a pioneer in the industry. The Aloe vera used in Body Balance is grown especially for Life Force International, and is of the highest quality. It is grown and processed to USDA National Organic Program standards and certified by Quality Assurance International (QAI). It is certified by the International Aloe Science Council for purity and is Kosher certified by KSA. The aloe juice is taken from the inner leaf of the fillet only, and done so within hours of harvest to retain freshness and the integrity of the nutrients. The SeaNine™ is our exclusive proprietary blend of nine varieties of sea vegetables, including the full spectrum of red, brown, and green sea vegetables.
- Is the Aloe in Body Balance organic and where do you harvest it from?
- The Aloe is grown and processed according to certified organic standards. It is fresh and of the highest quality. The supplier is the largest Aloe supplier in the world. They grow, harvest and process their own Aloe. The time from field to processing is one day. Each leaf is harvested by hand and must be nicked and pulled carefully from the mother plant so as not to break the rind. Properly taken, the leaves will naturally seal themselves within a short period and the inside gel will not be exposed to oxidation or contamination. The processing plants are close to the fields. This is important because with a short ride to the processing plants the leaves will be fresher and will suffer far less bruises and other damage that can occur in transporting. Some companies spend several days getting their leaves to the processing plant while our leaves are processed within a day. When the Aloe is harvested, it is carefully preserved, saving the natural characteristics of the Aloe. Special equipment is used to ensure that the Aloe retains as much of its natural polysaccharide profile as possible. It is then shipped to our manufacturing plant, where we keep no more than two to four weeks inventory of finished Body Balance. Life Force is committed to supplying the highest quality products to our members and customers and our products are supported by a money-back guarantee.
- What is the carbohydrate count in Body Balance?
- The total carbohydrate per serving (1 fl oz) is 2 g, or 4 g per 2 oz serving. Total carbohydrate on the label refers to both COMPLEX and SIMPLE. The 1 g SIMPLE sugar comes from the honey and cassis berry. The other 1 g of COMPLEX comes from the Aloe vera and sea vegetation. Together they form the total amount.
- What are electrolytes and does Body Balance contain them?
- Electrolytes are minerals that dissociate in water to form ions (charged particles like sodium, Na+) Yes, Body Balance contains a complete profile of electrolytes at the following concentrations (amounts may vary slightly per batch). Sodium (Na): 4.5 mg/30 ml serving; potassium (K): 82.5 mg/30 ml serving; chloride (Cl): 1.0 mg/30 ml serving; magnesium (Mg): 6.4 mg/30 ml serving; calcium (Ca): 6.2 mg/30 ml serving.
- What are the Latin names and the common names for the sea vegetables in SeaNine™?
- The Latin and common names in the SeaNine™ proprietary blend are as follows:
- Palmaria palmate – Dulse
- Fucus vesiculosus – Bladder wrack
- Chondrus crispus – Irish moss
- Ascophyllum nodosum – Norwegian kelp
- Laminaria digitata – Kombu
- Porpyra yezoensis – Nori
- Ulva lactuca – Sea lettuce
- Alaria esculenta – Winged kelp
- Gigartina chamissoi – Gigartina
- Is Body Balance kosher?
- Yes. Body Balance is certified kosher through Kosher Supervision of America (KSA).
- Is the honey in Body Balance pasteurized, and is it safe to give to children under one year of age?
- The honey in Body Balance is organic, raw, and not pasteurized. It is never recommended that babies under 18 months of age eat honey. The reason for this is that babies’ digestive systems are underdeveloped to handle certain factors that are naturally present in honey. By the time an infant reaches 18 months old their digestive systems have matured enough where honey is safe.
- Does Body Balance contain iodine?
Iodine is a rare and often overlooked mineral, yet it is one that may be important in helping maintain overall and health wellbeing. Body Balance contains 0.5 mg iodine per 30 ml serving or 500 mcg (micrograms) per 30 ml serving. The amount of iodine varies slightly per batch.
While we cannot offer specific medical advice, some studies have shown that Iodine may help the formation of thyroid hormones in the thyroid gland. Additionally, iodine-rich foods and supplements like Body Balance may potentially benefit individuals who desire to lose weight.
For specific information, consult your healthcare professional to learn if iodine-rich foods or supplements will help you achieve your wellness goals.
- Should I stop taking vitamins/minerals if I start using your supplements?
- We do not quantify the specific nutrients in Body Balance. As the Aloe vera and SeaNine sea vegetable blend are whole foods, with nothing added or removed. For a listing of the nutrients found in Body Balance, please refer to the product data sheet found here (opens new window). We guarantee that those trace nutrients are in Body Balance in their naturally occurring state.
- How much sugar, in general, is put into each quart of Body Balance in the form of honey/cherry to help with the taste?
- The amount of all combined sweeteners in powdered Body Balance is 3.0 g of honey, stevia, and black currant flavors. No sugar is added.
- I see there is postassium sorbate and potassium benzoate in Body Balance. How much is there and why?
First, let’s clarify that Body Balance does NOT contain sodium benzoate. Even though sodium benzoate is on the FDA’s Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) list, there have been questions in the greater nutrition community concerning its presence in foods.
The purpose of the potassium benzoate (also a salt from the benzoic acid, but not a sodium salt) and the potassium sorbate is to be a preservative. Since Body Balance is cold-processed and not pasteurized (which will damage certain nutrients in foods 100% of the time), there has to be something in it to prevent mold, bacteria, or yeast growth.
All along, the question about using the K-benzoate is whether or not benzene formation will occur when it is combined with vitamin C. (Even though benzene is a naturally occurring chemical all around us, we don’t think anyone wants to have more of it than necessary.) The part of the equation that is forgotten is that the chemical reaction that causes benzene to form is caused by UV light or heat. The heat isn’t an issue, because Body Balance is cold-processed. The UV issue also isn’t a problem–the Body Balance is mixed in certified Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) facility with no exposure to sunlight possible. Additionally, it is packed in an opaque bottle.
The FDA GRAS list states that potassium benzoate (which hasn’t received the same indictment as the sodium benzoate and has been used for over 50 years as a food preservative) can be used in amounts up to 1% of any food source it is in. Life Force uses less than 0.2% of potassium benzoate and potassium sorbate combined in each bottle of Body Balance. Over 25 years, 6000 healthcare professionals have seen the absolute excellence of this product and have endorsed it and used it with their patients.
Do you have a question about this product? Contact us here.
What Does Body Balance Do in the Body?
One of the biggest questions I get asked is what is the big deal about Body Balance? Why not just pay a little less and buy a multivitamin liquid made up of isolates?
The thing is, our bodies were made for food–whole food and not food components. And in today’s world, organic is better. A vitamin supplement needs to be able to get the nutrients it contains across the cell membrane and into the cell itself where it can address the needs of the cell. Life Force Body Balance does just that, because it’s made of 10 unique, nutrient-dense foods that will supplement and boost your daily intake, no matter how clean you eat. Whether you are trying to eat better, trying to preserve your health, improve your health*, lose weight*, or address chronic conditions*, Body Balance needs to be number one on your daily regimen!